The dealer´s statutory warranty period under the Product Liability Act is 2 years in Europe.
In addition, Audioplan grants the first purchaser in the EU a voluntary warranty of 2 years for CD players and digital drives and of 3 years for amplifiers, loudspeakers, analogue drives and accessories.
The period begins with the delivery of the device to the authorised dealer by us. The warranty is extended by your registration within 14 days from the date of purchase on our homepage www.audioplan.de under "Service -> Warranty extension". You will receive a confirmation e-mail from us. Please keep it together with your purchase invoice.
If you wish to make a claim under the warranty within the statutory warranty period, please contact your dealer first. He or she is responsible for determining any damage and will, if necessary, initiate suitable measures after consultation with us.
If it should prove necessary to send the unit to us during the warranty period, please use the original packaging. The product has to be sent adequately insured and carriage paid. Please note that you bear the shipping risk. It is not included in our warranty.
Please enclose a description of the fault, the purchase receipt (copy) and the warranty confirmation.
You should also enclose the return address as well as an e-mail address or telephone number for queries.
During the warranty period, we will remedy defects that are demonstrably due to material or manufacturing faults free of charge for you. At our discretion, this will be done by replacing or repairing the defective parts.
Further claims, e.g. for reduction of the purchase price, rescission of the contract or compensation for loss of use or consequential damage are expressly excluded.
The warranty period is not extended by a warranty repair. Replaced or defective parts become the property of Audioplan.
On electron tubes, batteries and pick-ups as well as other wearing parts and consumables a warranty period of only 6 months can be granted due to use. Material or manufacturing defects
of these products become apparent long before the expiry of this period. In exceptional cases, we may, at our discretion, voluntarily accept partial or total take-over of the repair costs beyond this period as a gesture of goodwill. However, there is no entitlement to this and it is not part of this warranty promise.
Excluded from the guarantee are:
- Visible or concealed transport damage. These must be reported to the transport company immediately upon receipt of the delivery.
- Visual defects and surface defects. These must be reported to your dealer within 3 days of purchase.
- Defects caused by improper use, operation, incorrect connection, overloading or force.
- Modified equipment or equipment repaired by third parties not authorised by us.
- Reimbursement of costs for repairs by third parties if we have not agreed in writing in advance to the cost coverage.
- Consequential damage to other devices.
- Devices whose serial number has been illegible, altered or removed.
- Natural wear and tear and ageing, such as changes in the colour or gloss level of wooden surfaces or metal and plastic parts.
This guarantee is a voluntary supplement to the statutory liability for material defects and does not affect your rights under the product liability law.